Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wildhurst Merlot 2002

It was a long time since I had risked my health tasting a Californian red wine, barely recovering from bad experiences in this area ;-) Well there are some good points here to notice: first I still not fanatic a these wines described as "Black cherry flavors, the intriguing cedar and earthy notes, the touch of spice..." (where the black berry probably sun dried on a leather saddle), second I have to say that I can measure improvement in the last 10 years but still use of American Oak and excess of sun will be difficult to avoid. The price finally is correct at Trader Joe's and a little overpriced at the winery. I noticed that it is common on various wine blogs to recommend beverages for Thanksgiving; well myself I will be eating sandwiches in the wood looking for some mushrooms and I will probably take a bottle a Beaujolais Nouveau with me since I didn't taste it enough yet. Regarding this Merlot, it is definitely not for the turkey and the occasion unless to want to get drunk before the party starts. Anyway whatever you drink, don't forget to share so we can talk about it later. Have a good one!

No comments: