Friday, November 03, 2006

Pomerol idol

 OK today I'm making a step away from the main idea of this blog to comment only "cheap" wines but I have to share and log this memorable experience I had 2 days ago with this Pomerol Chateau Moulinet 2001. This bottle seems to cost around $25 in the US but provide a satisfaction woth the price. I don't have the pro words to describe such wine but I can say that this wine is made essentially from Merlot and if I use Google translation to convert the French characteristic of the Pomerol into English I get:"Rounds and flexible, at the same time as vigorous, they are equipped with a powerful and cordial bouquet" If it makes sense to you and want to learn more about Bordeaux wines here is an interesting and complete book available online: La planète-vin / Bordeaux and you can use of course Google translation to translate the whole site in English! Now I'm gonna feel bad about the next $5 wine ;-) 

No comments: