Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stormhoek in SF

First I have to admit that I'm in saving mode right now and I'm exploring the wines under $5 at the limits between wine and chemical mix. The less the bottle cost the more chances you have to dump it in the sink but it remains a cheap risk and exciting hunt for the acceptable ones. In this quest, I discovered a discount store on Clement st @ 7th Ave (the Bargain Bank) with an interesting choice of wines from Australia, South Africa, California and Europe which I've never seen anywhere else. Most of them under $10 with discount on case price.
The first one I want to talk about is this Stormhoek Sauvignon Blanc 2005 for $3.99, as I just discovered the Pinot Grigio from the same winery recently. I think the cases ended up in this store because of a freshness label which seems wrong but the content is a delight. I bought several other bottles which I will present soon. 15/20

No comments: