Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Monkey Bay Rose'

As the BBQ season has officially started last Sunday, at least in my back yard, I decided to focus my wine tasting on Rose' wines. Once again my goal was not to elect the best Rose on the market (which I already have my idea on the topic and can suggest you, if money is not a constraint, to try any rose from Domaines Ott which are imported in US) but as usual to find the best pick under $10. The first one I tried this year is definitely not the winner: this Monkey Bay is a New Zealand Rose from 2005; it is fruity but not dry enough for me, a little too sweet to pair with a grilled meat. The bargain was found again on Clement & 7th Ave for $2.99. Overall I would give it a 11/20 note. Good enough not to be dumped in the sink but not appropriate for BBQ, probably more comfortable with desserts or as aperitif.

No comments: