Monday, August 21, 2006

Wrong definition

By testing all this wines I'm trying to find for each occasion and type of food an appropriate wine which I would classified into the "table wine" category because of their simplicity and price also. "Table wine" for me doesn't mean vinegar or 2 bucks chuck wines but the quality that I use to buy in containers for $1 or $2 a liter at the winery down the street when I used to live in the South of France. Well I realized this week-end that in Monterey (and the Wine House) their definition of a "table wine" is totally different: it seems to be a collection of grappe(?) juices from different areas mixed together with chemicals and sold big price with fashion label. Wrong, very wrong! I couldn't finish my glass! From the multiple identified aromes/flavors in wine this one was out of the spectrum. I couldn't classify this wine in any group. Bad bad taste: AVOID!! 

No comments: