Friday, November 23, 2007

Cheese lovers

Last week-end I decided to make a little extra and get some "good" cheese in town- usually I make the trip to the Cheese Board in Berkeley when it's time for me to refill the cheese plate- so I went to this place on 24th Street where I used to go when I was living in the Noe Valley neighborhood 10 years ago. The place is called Cheese and Co. I guess they went under new management and this is NOT the place to go for cheese:
1- unqualified employees
2- not systematically offered to try
3- some cheeses are so old they should not be on the shelves
I got 3 varieties, none of which was acceptable for about $20 which I realized later the price was probably wrong but couldn't find the detailed bill in the bag... of course. They definitely lost a customer and I could prevent anyone else from going there it would only be justice. AVOID this place! I got there a bottle of wine a Saint-Emilion Grand Cru for a bit more than $20...well I should be skeptical about the deal: the wine started with a fine taste but the illusion disappeared as fast as it came; very short in mouth; probably to young. Trader Joe's have Bordeaux as good for half price.

No comments: